Monday, June 16, 2008

Been a rough couple of days, during which I didn't get much done in the way of studying. I ABANDONED MY SON! I ABANDONED MY BLOOOOOOOOOG!

Anyway.

Today, I have been going through a lot of the life course literature as a means of doing a lit review for a paper I am working on aside from studying for this exam. This lit review is helpful, because the life course is by far the dominant perspective in criminology presently, and so putting together a fairly comprehensive lit review about it also helps me prepare for the exam, since I am guaranteed to be asked either a question about the importance of the life course in general, or the relationship between age and crime. I already am very familiar with this literature, but looking at it again -- especially looking at Sampson & Laub and the various Giordano & Cernkovich iterations -- is a good idea. I'd write about it now, but I am invested in the U.S. Open and I want to spend some more time reading this stuff.

No comments: