Wednesday, June 4, 2008

On follow-up

That last entry: 5 pages, 12 unique citations. I am on a roll.

I am way ahead of schedule on this. I might spend the next couple of days just reading stuff instead of writing another piece, though I'm not sure. Tomorrow I'm going to be on campus doing a lot of work for another project, but that should only be a couple of hours of work, I think. Friday afternoon I have that meeting, so that might turn out to be a big day. We'll see, I guess.

The point is, I am way ahead of schedule and have done way more in a few short weeks than I expected I would. I feel competent to talk about the life course, peers, parents, strain, and social disorganization off the top of my head, which makes up a good chunk of potential questions.

What I have left to cover:

Race
Gender
Corporate Crime/Conflict theory (I might skip this, I don't know if I want to answer a question like this)
Labeling theory
Self-Control theory (covered in part already in the discussion on parents)
Strain theory
Methods & Measurement

And then, after that, I need to shuffle it around. I'm going to start pulling questions from past prelims and writing practice answers directly from them sooner than I thought I would.

No comments: